code of conduct for Players and Officials will govern any situation that is not specifically covered in the MSCL
Code of Conduct.
- If there is any breach of the Spirit of the Game by a player failing to comply with the instructions of an umpire, or
criticizing his decisions by word or action, or showing dissent, or generally behaving in a manner which might bring the game into
disrepute, the umpires concerned shall immediately report the matter to chair of
umpires, who in turn shall report it to the judiciary committee. The judiciary
committee shall take such action as is considered appropriate against the captain and player or players, and, if appropriate, the team concerned.
- The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is
conducted within the spirit of the game as well as within the Laws
of the sport and the Rules of the MSCL.
- Players and Team Officials shall at no time engage in conduct which
would bring them or the game of cricket into disrepute.
- Players and Team Officials must at all times accept the umpire's decision
and not show dissent at the umpire's decision.
- There will be no attempt to intimidate the umpire, either verbally or with
physical threats or actions.
- No player, team official or umpire shall at any time engage in any conduct towards
or speak to any other player, umpire, spectator or team, match or League
official in a manner which offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates,
threatens, disparges or villifies the other person on the basis of that
person's race, religion, color, descent or national or ethnic origins.
- Players, team officials or umpires shall not use crude or abusive language
not make offensive gestures.
- Players, team officials or umpires shall not at any time breach any MSCL
Regulation which may be in force from time to time.
- Players, team officials or umpires shall not use or in any way be concerned
in the use or distribution of illegal drugs.
- Players and umpires may not consume alcoholic beverages during a game.
- Players, team officials and umpires may not consume alcoholic beverages
at any time at a ground or facility where it is prohibited.
- All players and substitutes will be dressed in generally accepted white or
off-white cricket clothing at all times during a match.
- All teams must participate in all
matches which they are scheduled to play. If a team fails to turn up for
two or more matches in a season, that team will be expelled from the
League for the following season.